Written by liliana at 14-04-2020
As the number of COVID-19 cases has risen across the country, Stannah has increased its efforts to keep our communities safe. As the coronavirus can be especially strong against our customers, we are taking every precaution to eliminate direct contact and conduct all essential services as safely as possible.
Working in the stairlift industry, nothing is more important to us than your safety. Given the current global and local reach of the coronavirus, we’d like to take a minute to share what we are doing to combat the spread of this disease and minimize its impact on Stannah’s community of shoppers, customers and employees. We are aware of the vulnerabilities of the communities we serve and therefore are implementing precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our employees and customers.
Stannah Stairlifts is monitoring the spread of COVID-19 continually and all our staff have been advised to follow WHO recommendations on hygiene to prevent the spread of this virus. If anyone shows symptoms, they will be asked to stay home for the recommended amount of self-quarantine time.
General COVID-19 Guidelines for Stannah Employees
For those meeting with us in person, this additional guidance has been prescribed for all Stannah employees and premises:
- Eliminate physical contact in the office and with customers. This includes shaking hands, high fives, hugs, etc
- For employees interacting with customers:
- We are using hand sanitizer frequently and carrying it with us at all times.
- We are asking to wash our hands as we enter and leave our customers’ homes.
- We are also using disinfecting wipes frequently, before and after each visit in a home, especially on high touch items. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Vehicle touch points (handles, steering wheel, radio dials, etc)
We are being vigilant in our efforts to combat the spread of coronavirus and doing all that we can to protect our customers through these recommended measures. We understand that staying home safely is the priority and we’re doing everything we can to provide safe, reliable service to meet this essential need.